Direct Support Workers- Casual.
Location: Northern Shoalhaven Region
At Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services we understand the local community and we are dedicated to contributing to building a resilient, connected, caring and vibrant community.
We currently have a number of vacancies for experienced, passionate and flexible professionals to join our Direct Support Worker team.
Do you like Shopping? Maybe Bingo? Are you good at making people smile?
At Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services we are looking for staff with positive energy to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of those we support.
We provide a boutique and flexible service to clients in-home and in the community, to ensure they are able to continue to connect with their community and live their best life. Tasks include assisting clients who may be over 65 or have a disability to attend appointments and activities, go shopping, visiting them in their home or other activities to meet their individual goals.
· A passion to provide quality care
· Capacity to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Certificate III or higher in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability specialisations) or equivalent
· Current certification in Provide First Aid and Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or willingness to obtain
· Completed the NDIS Code of Conduct- Worker Orientation module or willingness to obtain.
· Experience working with people over 65 and/or people with a disability
· Current drivers licence and willingness to use own vehicle (which is covered by comprehensive insurance)
· Own Smart Phone with a data plan and a willingness to use for work related purposes as needed
· Current NSW working with children check
· Willingness to undertake a NDIS Worker Screening Check
· Capacity to meet the physical requirements of the job. (Manual handling tasks may include ability to reach forward lifting up to 16kg and pushing/ pulling wheelchairs.)
· Received 3 doses of a COVID 19 vaccine
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010 – Level 2, Pay Point 1 to 4 depending on qualifications.
Please email your application including
· A current resume including two referees
· Cover letting including
– why you want to work in this field – what motivates you?
– what special qualities you will add to our team?
To firstname.lastname@example.org or address to The Manager, 41 Worrigee St, Nowra NSW 2541
Please call 4421 5077 or contact us for further information.
Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated is an EEO employer.