Positions Vacant: Direct Support Worker
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010
Category: Level 2, Pay Point 1 to 4 depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
The Direct Support Worker will provide, through consumer directed care and enablement principles, direct support to frail aged and younger people with a disability within the community or within their own home or as stipulated in their support plan to enable them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
You must provide written evidence of your skills and experience in reference to each of the criteria below. Address each criteria demonstrating how you meet it:
• Certificate III or higher in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability specialisations) or equivalent with relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial years of current relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of policy, programs, guidelines, procedures and practices within an organisation.
• Working knowledge of the Commonwealth Home Care Standards, National Disability Standards, Consumer Directed Care and NDIS.
• Previous experience working with frail aged & younger people with a disability in a community based setting
• Capacity to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Current drivers licence and willingness to use own vehicle (which is covered by comprehensive insurance) and/ or work vehicle for work purposes.
• Capacity to follow clearly established procedures and/or guidelines.
• Capacity to manage time and workload to ensure service is delivered as per schedule.
• Basic computer skills
• Capacity to use computer software programs e.g. Microsoft Office suit and database application
• Own Smart Phone or tablet with a data plan and a willingness to use for work related purposes as needed.
• Demonstrate good skills in written and verbal communication with clients and other members of the public with the ability to share information in an appropriate and respectful manner.
• Demonstrates effective listening skills.
• Willingness to participate in continual improvement processes and suggest changes to improve quality in work area
• Willingness to implement agreed changes in work area
• Aptitude to learn new information and processes
If you meet these criteria you must provide written evidence of your skills and experience in reference to each item listed below:
• Specialised qualification in Aged and/or Disability related functionalities i.e. Dementia, Mental Health, cognitive etc.
• Certificate IV in Community Services or equivalent
• Knowledge of other local Community Services Organisations
A National Criminal History record check must be cleared for successful employment – this check will be conducted by Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated prior to employment and every three years thereafter.
To Apply: You must submit a written application addressing how you meet the essential and desirable criteria and resume including details of two referees to the Manager, 41 Worrigee St, Nowra 2541 or via the online application below.
Applications close: Friday 25 May 2018 at 3pm
|Job Category||Direct Support Worker|