Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Inc
Position vacant: Community Worker
Part time fixed term contract until 31st July 2020
(with possibility to extend, subject to funding)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Location: Nowra region
At Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services we understand the local community and we are dedicated to contributing to building a resilient, connected, caring and vibrant community.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced, passionate and flexible professional to join our team as a Community Worker.
The role involves supporting vulnerable children, young people, families and their communities by developing connections which are innovative flexible and focus on community needs, supporting community members and groups through the provision of information and referral services, supervising students and assisting in the day to day running of the neighbourhood centres.
About You: To be eligible for the position you need to be able to show that you meet the selection criteria as listed below:
- Diploma/ Associate Degree in Community Services, Social Work or equivalent with current relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial years of current relevant experience
- Demonstrated community development experience
- Demonstrated success with community development projects
- Current drivers licence and willingness to use own vehicle (which is covered by comprehensive insurance) for work purposes
- Ability to be flexible with work hours to meet needs of the position
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Effective community engagement and networking skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and meet deadlines
- Proficient in utilising Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience working with volunteers and/or students
- Knowledge of the Shoalhaven Region
- Experience using social media platforms to engage community
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010 – Level 3, Pay Point 1 to 4 depending on qualifications.
To Apply: Please ensure to include the following documents with your application:
- A short cover letter of introduction including your full name, address, email address and best contact number and an explanation why you are applying for the position and what motivates you to work in this field.
- A current resume including qualification, employment history, voluntary work, training courses and 2 referees
- A separate attachment addressing the essential and desirable criteria point by point. Please address all points listed in the selection criteria as detailed and do not skip any.
Applications that do not include the above 3 documents will not be considered.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to The Manager, 41 Worrigee St, Nowra NSW 2541
Applications close: 21 March 2019
Enquiries: For a copy of the job description or any enquiries please contact Skye Thompson Ph: 4421 5077 or email: email@example.com
Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated is an EEO employer.